Wednesday, August 19, 2009

One month..........

In one month I will have a new last name.
Whoa.
And more important than that, I will have a new husband!
Wow....husband...
That'll be cool.

Sometimes I freak out a little, but I never stop believing that we belong together, like a sock and a shoe, like a spoon and a fork, like the stars and the moon, like cats and fleas.....hehehe.......

Have I mentioned how overly warm it is?
We have had the weirdest summer EVER.
Cold and rainy for all of June and all of July and now?
SuperMegafuckinHot.
I dunnot loik it.
I prefer the rain, and I'm pretty sure I said so at the time.
I wasn't bothered by it, but towards the end I started to at least be sympathetic when others complained about it, as well as feeling bad for my boss, whose business depends on good weather.

Wow...a post about the weather.
Yippity skippity.

I should write something reeeeeeeeeal.

Oh!
Well.
I meant I should write something fictional, but relevant.
And now, as I sit here contemplating, I remember something real, indeed.

I was walking to my car after work the other day.
Walking through this too-pretty-for-words little town where I sit, looking at the dear little harbor.
Smiling back at the great, empty isocoles triangles ascending above their lovely little boats, waiting for sails to fill them and give them meaning.
So I was there, with summer breeziness swooshing around me and sunkissed shoulders and cheeks and feet-tops feeling warm and glowy.
I was walking quickly because my family was at home and I was eager to see them.
I crossed the little foot bridge, inhaling the perfume of the flower box flowers, and glanced down at the ducks.
I saw a young woman approaching, talking on her cell phone.
She had a happy, glowy look to her--but her glow had a different source than mine.
She whispered urgently into her phone, trying to share her news with only the friend on the other end of the phone and not with the strangers she was passing in the coming twilight.
I heard her, but her friend did not, so she repeated herself, slightly louder, just as she passed me.
I smiled jubilantly, catching her drift and wanting to high-five her.
Our paths had now crossed and as she receded behind me, her impatience to share her news took precedence over her hope for privacy and she enuciated loudly, "I HAD SEX!"
I walked on, toward my car and my happy future and continued to smile, remembering my own moment of sharing with my best friend the news of my first time.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow! I didn't know you were blogging still - just found your link at Leen's.

Married in a month??? Congrats!

Mr. L said...

I think she might have given you the "businessman in the Laughing Cow ad" treatment and left you hanging....LOL...but you never know.

Unknown said...

It's so good to see you so happy, girl! And cheers to the girl on the cell phone. :-)

You will post wedding pics, yes? :-)